playMaker

Author Topic: Touch Object or Mouse Down?[SOLVED]  (Read 3506 times)

lucaderiu

• Playmaker Newbie
    • PlaySys
Touch Object or Mouse Down?[SOLVED]
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
Hi,
i'm porting my tests with Unity and PlayMaker on iPad and i noticed that MouseDown works fine as transition event (and is fast to setup) then I tried with Touch Objects Event and the result is also good.
Now practically I understood that both of them can be used on iPad and this is great.
I moved more in depth for multi touch and I discovered the difference: Touch actions supports multitouch while MouseDown doesn't.
In my case I need to activate FSM for 2 different meshes that must be touched at the same time and my problem is that i can activate one OR the other, but never both. Touch Actions have finger Id and from what I understood in this forum and on videos it must be assigned to the touch number. But my question are:
How can I activate 2 object touching them at the same time but independently from the finger id?
And also, what about if the player puts 10 fingers on iPad like I did: the FSMs were stucked :) is that normal?
Thank for your help this can help me to interact with multiple elements in the same time, no matter which is touched first.
Luca
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:05:39 AM by jeanfabre »
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.playsys.games

lucaderiu

• Playmaker Newbie
    • PlaySys
Re: Touch Object or Mouse Down?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:31:21 AM »
as you can notice close to my name there is written "newbie" that perfectly describe my status :)
I update just in case someone would be in my situation
I solved the problem inserting a pre-check of the touch to get the finger_id and then I assigned that id to the Touch Event (as private variable).
http://www.playsys.games

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Touch Object or Mouse Down?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 01:05:26 AM »
Hi,

yes, use the fingerId for future reference when you play with multi touch, this is the right way to go.

bye,

Jean