playMaker

Author Topic: TargetPro playmaker integration, alpha version  (Read 13262 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
TargetPro playmaker integration, alpha version
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Ok, I have finished the alpha version of TargetPro integration within playmaker.

http://u3d.as/content/path-o-logical-games-llc/target-pro/366

It is at its very early stage, I need to cover the miriads of possibilites, but I reached a point where it is now possible to do 90% of what targetpro is capable off, and the demo scene is 100% done in playmaker. So I think it time to get feedback from user and make it evolve in the directions you want.

I made a prefab for the turret, the target and the projectile, which really should be enough to get you up and running on many many common cases. you'll only need to adjust the various settings and swap meshes to achieve ultra powerful stuff!

the sample provide is slightly different from the original one to expose more goodies and cool behaviors: one enemy is moving, so you can see the projectile tracking, following and finally make it to the target, as well as constant turret check for closest target, and readjust fires accordingly, etc etc.

you'll need targetpro license obviously, this package only includes the bridge between target pro and playmaker.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W993

For assistance, questions, comments and ideas, do not hesitate, I am here to help.

bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:56:59 AM by jeanfabre »

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: TargetPro playmaker integration, alpha version
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:28:24 AM »
Greeeat!
I was really looking forward for this one.
I`ll give it a go and I`ll be back with my first impressions. :)
Many thanks Jean.

tom3d

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 03:51:33 AM »
Wow just found this, great Job! 

brendang

• Junior Playmaker
    • Out to Play Interactive
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »
I'm so looking forward to the next time Target pro goes on sale...  Love to give this a whirl.  Jean... you rock.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »
Hi,

First post on this forum as I get back from Unite (sorry, it was really intense, and I did not wanted to post crap content...but on the bright side, many incredible stuff will get released soon)

So...,

I think it's your lucky day. You can thank Path-o-logical crew for giving quite a treat with a special coupon for playmaker users to get a chance to grab a 20% off discount on targetPro!!!

http://packages.path-o-logical.com/

Use this coupon: CPN62998307488 It is valid until end of september.

So get TargetPro, download the playmaker package I created here:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W993

And do not hesitate to get back to this forum if you have questions, wishes, etc etc.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:16:01 AM »
Hi,

New update is up to match the latest version. I also update the demo scene to be more obvious and to the point, it fires quicker and the projectile is less complicated.

bye,

Jean

elrik007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
Hi Jean,

I've got an error with Unity Constraints (from Targetpro  4.1.2 package) when i try to install your package

Assets/Plugins/PathologicalGames/UnityConstraints/SmoothTransformConstraint.cs(97,26): error CS0506: `SmoothTransformConstraint.SetWorldScale(UnityEngine.Transform)': cannot override inherited member `TransformConstraint.SetWorldScale(UnityEngine.Transform)' because it is not marked virtual, abstract or override

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »
Hi,

Ok, let me check with TargetPro Author to get a package and update the interface.

bye,

Jean

elrik007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
For now, i removed the problem source TransformConstraint.cs and it's work's

by i will wait for the update...;)

thanks,
Louis

ps: Playmaker is a very great product with an incredible documentation, video tutorial bank and support...Wow. 

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:43:37 AM by elrik007 »

elrik007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:45:43 AM »
I thinks 
without the TransformConstraint.cs installed I have the same problem as here,

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3508.msg16274#msg16274

it's possible?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 07:10:04 AM »
Hi,

Very likely. I am on the case, it should be fixed by the end of this week.

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 07:31:34 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, it was me who did not packaged it properly, it would add some editor script of unity constraints, where it should not.

can you test with this package?you will need to reimport targetpro latest package as well.

bye,

Jean

NinjaBear

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »
I'm getting this error in Unity once I loaded in this Package

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils.cs(25,14): error CS0260: Missing partial modifier on declaration of type `PlayMakerUtils'. Another partial declaration of this type exists

any help?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 03:25:17 AM »
Hi,

I double checked and all is fine.

Are you not mixing in an existing project? if so you might have a new version of ArrayMaker already installed, in that case, import arrayMaker again.

does that help?

bye,

Jean

BGM

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »
Hi!
TargetPro 6.0 is about to be released in a few weeks (and will be renamed "TriggerEventPro" by the way).
Authors describe this new version as a "major improvment" which will "break" a project using TargetPro 5.x

Would it be possible to upgrade Playmaker actions for this asset once the new version will be avaible?

Being one of the beta-testers, I don't think the update would require a lot of work. For example, the playmaker demo turret can be done without any FSM, except for the "ennemy" behaviour. The turret's behaviour could be handled with TriggerEvents scripts.
But i could be an opportunity to add actions! For example, with TriggerEvents 6.0 it's possible to "rewrite" the list of targets of a turret in order to force the turret to attack a specific target. This way it would be easy to implement a "attack this target" option (even if this target is not the nearest, the strongest, etc.)

And (to finish), I would be happy to help upgrading playmaker integration for TriggerEventsPro 6.0 :-)