playMaker

Author Topic: Photon/CreateRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to cal  (Read 23168 times)

IIKOTEII

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello :),

I am currently trying to understand how to use pun integrated into playmaker. These plugins are new for me, so I am not exactly sure how they works. So at this point I just registered with photon, inputed my appid into pun wizard and tried to run demo scenes playMaker provided us with. But all the time I try to click create/join room I get a mistake (CreateRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.). So can anybody help me please with solving this issue.

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
I had a similar issue and found that if I unclicked "Connect to Best Server" on the Photon Network Connect Using Setting action it worked after that. I am not sure if that would also work for you. Let me know.

IIKOTEII

• Playmaker Newbie
Thank you) It worked. Never expected it would be so easy to fix it:)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

That's odd, I'll double check with the photon guys, Connecting to non best server should still work.

Bye,

Jean

benflock

• Playmaker Newbie
hi

i had a similar issue which i also fixed by changing server region, but now and again it happens again - does the solve still work for you?

b

inyourbus

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In Your Legends
    • In Your Legends
FYI this still seems to be an issue, I had stayed away from Photon for a while, came back to it today and had the same problem.

Deselected best server and problem solved.
One step at a time..

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Dammit, of course that doesn't work for me.  I deselected Connect to Best Server and the result is the same. 

Does anyone have any more information about this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

yeah, I asked photon Team, and it's likely because you need to listen to the connection event before joining a room. you basically try to join a room when the connection is not yet established.

Bye,

Jean

artician

• 1.2 Beta
This wasn't always the case, right?  I've always seemed to be able to connect effortlessly in the past. 

Regardless, currently I wait until I receive the Is Connected event before proceeding to a state where a room is joined or created, but the network is telling me I need to wait for OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.

As I understand, joining the lobby is *not* required.  It's only for retrieving lists of rooms, which I do not care about, so I'm going to skip that part.

For OnConnectedToMaster event, I'm using the Is Master Client action and waiting (looping) through the state until it returns as positive, however this never happens.  Is there another method?  There is no OnConnectedToMaster system event that I can find.

Thank you!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

OnConnectedToMaster only works if PhotonNetwork.autoJoinLobby is false.

so the key for you may be to set PhotonNetwork.autoJoinLobby to false. Have you tried that? use the action PhotonNetworkSetAutoJoinLobby for this.

Bye,

Jean