playMaker

Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!  (Read 165202 times)

gheeDough

• Playmaker Newbie
    • indie game school
Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »
Hi Jean,

Those are all great suggestions and at least half those are already on the TODO list ;)

We'll be starting off with a modular course program on how to make an FPS with Unity and PM, in 4-week chunks. The first four weeks will involve designing a whitebox and the basic level interactivity. Future courses will be based on what's involved in an art pass, GUI and menu creation, multiplayer setup, advanced player controllers, Mecanim...that's all in the works if there is sufficient demand.

Once Unity's 2 features mature a bit more and PM support is standard, we'll go into 2D mode. So there's a lot of stuff coming!

Cheers,

Guido

perdido007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
hi all, perdido007 here, very very new newbie, came across playmaker as i launched myself into unity a couple of weeks back and am completely swimming like a dry cat in it, not understanding any of it but am very very impressed by the forum quality and the tool it has to offer, played around a lot in cocos2d before switching to unity very recently. Am mainly a motion grapher in AE with a touch of modo, poser and Vue but am looking to implement these visuals into a gaming sphere. Well it's all knuckles down, have time, live in my pyjamas and am old. I listen to old beck songs…cheers

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2013, 06:17:38 AM »
funny intro :) it reminds me of PyjaMan (re 99f movie, a must see)

don't hesitate to ask questions when you get stuck!

Bye,

Jean

perdido007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »
ah un grand classique….durjardin…"tout est ephemere…vous, moi…surtout moi"…
thank you for comment, will definitely give a shout in times of need...

spinlock

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2014, 11:47:21 PM »
Hello!

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself!  My day job is writing server and web apps using C#/.NET, but at night I'm a wanna be game developer.  I still have no games to my name -- hoping playMaker changes that!

Anyway, ever since reading Mat Bucklands book, "Programming Game AI by Example", I've been fascinated by the power of state machines.  I coded them by hand, but always knew there had to be a better way.

I recently started working on my own Unity editor window for building state machines.  I knew I had to build both an editor and a run-time and came to the conclusion -- this is no small task.  So, I went on a search for something cool I could just download or buy and lo and behold I find playMaker.  The hacker part of me thought, "But, you are cheating!  Building this stuff is fun!"  Well, that may be, but I also want to make games, and I'm a one-man-band, so I had to make a choice.

As soon as I watched the first couple tutorial vids I was absolutely 100% sold.  I just downloaded it and am getting ready to dig in and am REALLY looking forward to it!

Also -- I can't believe the price on this.  I was floored when I saw what you got for the price.  Pretty sweet!  I mean, I was thinking it was going to be $150-$200, and I probably would have paid something around that.  I've seen products on the asset store that are 2x as much and look like they have 1/4 the functionality, etc.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 11:51:32 PM by spinlock »

JonathanBurroughs

• Junior Playmaker
  • Some kind of independent game developer
    • @HiFiHair
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
Hello all!

I wanted to pop in to say hello. My name's Jonathan and for the best part of a decade I've worked professionally in the games industry as, at various times, a designer, writer and tester.

It felt like the right time to stop telling infinitely more qualified people what to do and to get my hands dirty and learn how to make stuff for myself.

Very excited to get to grips with PlayMaker. I've been checking out some tutorial videos and have been browsing the forum this afternoon.

I'll no doubt be coming to you all with slightly naive, slightly baffled technical questions in the coming months. Please don't be too offended if I ask anything super-basic!

Look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can.

DarrylKegan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »
Hello everybody!!

I have been eying play maker since a long time, it was one asset i really wanted in my arsenal.. So glad to have bought this great asset with 75% off  ;D! It was completely a no-brainier for me. Looking forward to make mobile puzzlers!!

Top8media

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am just getting into Unity. A friend recommended looking at Playmaker so I came to hang around the neighbourhood.  I am a garage developer right now, so my plan is to start with unity and some of the best editor extensions I can get - this one is looking like a win.

Question - what other extensions compliment this one? For example, would I need / want / have a use for something like Daikon Forge UI along with playmaker?

Cheers!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2014, 08:10:29 AM »
Hi,

Typically, many assets ( including Daikon forge) bring their own custom actions specifically made for PlayMaker. Then these custom actions are listed like any other actions in the PLayMaker Action browser. They behave exactly like official actions, only covering more ground and specific frameworks.

Look at this wiki add on page for a pretty good list of what's support with playmaker.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W714

bye,

Jean

summerice

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2014, 04:29:27 AM »
I am a sci-fi writer,I want to make my novel 3D illustration.I know very few Unity,so I begin to learn playmaker. Pls help me!

guyo83

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »
Hey folks!

My name is Guy, and I'm a Canadian Indie Dev.

TBrayner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »
Hello!

My name is Thiago Brayner, I'm lead artist on a company where we develop educational softwares. I'm also developing my own ideas.

So I'm very happy with the Playmaker, this tool are allowing that I (Designer) prototype my ideas, maybe in the future (when I know better the tool)  even make a final build.

Some of my works

www.thiagobrayner.com

thank you  ;)
TBrayner

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2014, 04:57:07 AM »
Hello!

Little bit about me.

I think I’ve start playing video games when I was 6th years old. Even when a didn't have a PC, I’ve already was interested in making games. I've made some  games on paper, for chips and dices. When I got my first windows pc, I soon discovered that you can make games on it and it was mind-blowing. For a long time a was making maps and mods for Half-Life/Counter-Strike and some other games. http://creashock-studios.com/?page_id=115 I've even won some counter-strike maps competitions. In some magical way I got the job in GameDev industry. I've started as a tester but soon became Game Designer.

By now I have four released commercial projects as Game Designer.

Pirate Hunter (PC)

iPirates (iOS)

Go Fishing (Facebook, iOS)

Hidden Animals (Facebook)

When I was working in the industry, in a spare time, I've started making a game called Sector Zero using GameSalad engine.

Last summer I quit my job and became Indie. So far I've released two games as indie, but more will be released soon.

Sector Zero (iOS, Android)

Telepathy Zero (iOS) (made with Playmaker)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:03:01 AM by Gua »

TBrayner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2014, 04:42:18 PM »
Hello!

Very cool, and you now you developing your games on Playmaker? Soon I hope can share some of the games that I'm idealizing.

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »
Hello!

Very cool, and you now you developing your games on Playmaker? Soon I hope can share some of the games that I'm idealizing.
Yes. I switched to playmaker and I'm loving it.